12.30.2011

Slumdog Millionaire






 
Jacket: Vintage from Hong Kong Vintage, T-Shirt: Forever 21, Pants: Express, Shoes: Michael Shannon, Bracelets: Ivy & Leo, Target, $6 Vendor, Stella & Dot, Rings: Stella & Dot, HandPicked, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklaces: Target, Stella & Dot, Purse: Pink and Blue (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
I found this jacket while combing through the racks at a local vintage (a.k.a-old and formerly belonging to someone else) shop a couple of months ago. I thought it was beautiful. It reminds me of a gorgeous Indian sari with it's vibrant colors, gold stitching, and intricate beading. I was shopping with my friend, Jason, at the time. When I came out of the dressing room and he saw it, he said..."What is that? Are you serious? When would you ever really wear it?" To which I responded (with extra sass)..."It's a jacket. It's fabulous. I love it, and I'll wear it...ummm...when and wherever the heck I want to. So, although it is the tail end of December, it was warm out and I decided that today was the day. I can wear this with jeans of course, but I really liked the way that the jacket stood out when I paired it with all white. The blue material on the jacket inspired the first turquoise necklace, and then one turquoise necklace inspired 2 more (and a bracelet). I was looking for gold rings to put on and I saw this great gold and green one from Stella & Dot. The green does not "match" the other jewelry, but I prefer it that way. I think I met my "matching" quota for the day anyway with all of that turquoise. I wanted a fun purse to carry, but nothing that would compete with the jacket, so I grabbed my favorite green clutch. (You guessed it, the ring made me think of carrying the green purse.) You do not, I repeat you do not have to match your purse and shoes with one another; demonstrated here with a green purse and purple shoes. The loud pink, blue, gold, green, bright white, and purple all felt very Bollywood (India's Hollywood) to me. So much so in fact I have had these Drake lyrics in my head all day..."I'm tryin' to tell you something you probably should know, I got that Slumdog Millionaire Bollywood flow".
P.S- If you have no idea what I am referring to, or have never seen Slumdog Millionaire, please do yourself a favor and rent/buy it immediately. You can thank me later. (Another Drake, reference...man, I am on fire today!)



No comments:

Post a Comment