1.04.2017

Outfit Purgatory







Booties: Marshalls, Pants: Target, Sweater: Versona, Necklace: Swarovski


YO YO YO!!!! Happy New Year!

Remember me? Pro'ly not. (Since I neglected the hell out of this blog in 2016.)

I wish I could say it's because 2016 was such a whirlwind of awesomeness and in the midst of all of my fabulous travels and adventures I just plain forgot. But, that's not exactly it.

2016 did bring some incredible things my way though... an engagement to my beloved manfriend, traveling to Banff Springs, Canada, going to Vegas twice, seeing some of my best friends get engaged, married, score new jobs, taking my side-gig and building it into a business, and welcoming a new, sweet-as-pie baby nephew into our family. Truthfully though, I spent most of the year on my back.

< Get your damn mind out of the gutter, dirt bags. >

What I meant is that I spent half of the year (6 months in total) recovering. Laying, quite literally, on my back. I had not one, but TWO breast reductions this year.

Yup. TWO.

I won't bitch too much about how badly recovery sucked, because the surgery was totally elective, but wow... IT.WAS.AWFUL.  My first surgery took me forever to recover from and when I had (and all of the swelling went down) it looked as if I had gotten more of a lift than a true reduction. I had only gone from an E to a DD. I was pretty disappointed and went back under the knife for a second time. With two surgeries I was recovering half of the entire calendar year. I couldn't practice or teach Pilates like I wanted to, I had to rely on other people a lot more than I normally do, I was in intense physical pain (which I am thankfully NOT used to), and really, I didn't get dressed that often or do much. Which leaves very little to blog about.

As a matter of fact, I have done SO little since my second surgery in November that I have worn this exact outfit almost every single time I have left the house. It is comfortable, cute, and the sheer size of the sweater (coupled with the fact that these leggings have an elastic waistband) made it easy to ignore the fact that I haven't been able to work out worth a shit most of the year.

Does anyone else out there do that? Wear an outfit for a short period of time, and as long as no major sweating goes on, food/drink spillage happens, or full-body photos were posted you simply fold it up  to wear again. It's like outfit purgatory... too dirty to be hung back up, too clean for the laundry basket, simply piled up (many times inside out) on your chair or dresser ready to go when you have to leave the house again. I do it all of the time. Between the fact that I never wash my hair, am usually 3 (or 6) days deep into dry shampoo, AND most of my outfits are recycled, it's amazing that I pass for clean or have any friends at all.

Anyway.... cheers everyone, to 2017!!! Chinese zodiac tells us it's the year of the Rooster, but in my world, it's the year of the: SmallBoobsThatWillAllowMeToMoveDressAndWorkoutComfortably. Victory!!!! Finally.


No comments:

Post a Comment