2.27.2017

Flannel and a Truth Bomb







Jeans, Shoes & Earrings: CRIV (formerly Lotus), Shirt: Vestique,  Glasses: Versona

Couple of random musings...

#1. Do you ever put on an outfit thinking it looks fine and then see a picture of yourself and change your mind? Like... "uhhhh hmmmm?? Nah". When I see these photos I can't help but think that I look like I belong in a Farmer'sOnly.com commercial. You know the one I'm talking about right? With that jingle, "You don't have to be lonely... at Farmer's Only.com".  I look like my name should be, Daisy.  Like I should have a piece of straw hanging out of my mouth twirling a pigtail sitting on the back of a flat bed truck. It must be the red plaid and jeans combo. NOT feeling it. These shoes kind of save me though. They are more Lady Gaga than Old McDonald. 

#2. Look at that 2nd photo. These lashes, yo?!?!? They look friggin' fake. I keep my side business off of my blog for the most part, but ya'll?!?! This Lash Boost (it's a vitamin serum) is THE TRUUUUUUUTH. Man almighty. I love this shit. I've been using the same tube since October and these mamajammas are insane in the membrane.

#3. Isn't it funny how getting older changes us in ways that are almost undetectable? It isn't until something jumps out at us that we realize that we have matured in some area? Music for example. Some of the dog shit on the radio right now has me saying.... "Man, music that is played on the radio these days is trash." Or scrolling Facebook and seeing posts from people in their 20's constantly talking about drinking. Boasting about hangovers and the amount of alcohol they consumed over the course of a weekend. I roll my eyes, shake my head and pray for their liver (while muttering something under my breath about doing something more productive with their time and money). Drinking is social, fun in moderation, (and has been a part of some pretty epic nights of my own), but there is nothing attractive about someone who drinks all of the time (and posts about it). I have never once heard while talking to my guy or girlfriends.... "You know what I'm looking for in a life partner? Alcoholism and a pot belly."  Or people who air their dirty laundry online. Dear gawd. Fights with their partners or complaining about their exes. We all have fights, and most of us have exes who have hurt or pissed us off. Chill. Social media is not the place. Oh... before one of you gets on my ass about people posting what they want to, and social media being the only outlet a lot of people have, I know this. I'm simply stating my opinion. As I get older the more I truly believe in The Law of Attraction. Call it malarkey if you want to, but if you're constantly drowning your sorrows, posting about your frustrations and your life is not changing much, it's not a huge shock that it's not changing. That shit is energy and it attracts. When you're making moves and you're working on becoming your best self, you attract like minded people. When you're drowning your sorrows in booze and bitching about someone doing you wrong, you're stuck there (and that attracts like-minded people too). Have you ever heard the phrase, "water seeks it's own level"? Well... it means, what you are, you attract... and if you really think about it...

THAT.IS.PROFOUND.AS.FUK.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment