5.09.2018

Say You're Sorry












Jumpsuit: Forever 21 (yes, I am 38 - so what), Shoes: CRIV, Bracelets: gifts, Earrings: Versona


HOLA!!!

It's been a minute since I created a blog entry. Honestly? I hate cold weather clothing. So, until it warms up and I start wearing color again, there's nothing really that "fun" to share. If I blogged throughout the fall and winter it would look like the same pair of black leggings and 1 of 4 oversized sweaters every.single.time.

Warm weather though??? Maaaannnnnnn... I live for it. Give me all the prints. All the flowy material. All the straps... sandals... open backs... and obnoxiously loud color. Skirts? Maxis? YES. Sleeves? FK sleeves. I want no part of them. Get your sleeves DAFUQ outta my face.

Truth?

It used to be the other way around. I grew up and went WELL into my twenties.. and maybe even thirties...  feeling the complete opposite. I lived for covering up my body and could think of nothing MORE uncomfortable than summer clothing (or - gasp - a lack there of).

I grew up chubby, I have never been what you would call petite or small, and I used to <<foolishly>> believe that warm weather months were when other, more worthy (aka- thin) girls got to have fun with fashion while I suffered through it waiting for sweater weather. 

I'm not sure what changed, or exactly when it did, but now... shiiiiiiit?!?!? You can't tell me nothing. There's an enormous freedom that comes with beginning to love yourself. With not listening to societies "rules". With spending LESS time reading an article about "how to get a bikini body" and actually being IN a bikini enjoying life. Knowing that a "bikini body" is whatever body you have -- in a damn bathing suit. THAT'S the definition. That's it. It's not a lack of cellulite. Zero stretch marks. Or the absence of "muffin top" that give you the "right" to wear one.

It's amazing the bullshit we tell ourselves. The boxes we put ourselves in. The amount of time we WASTE worrying about not being, looking, or feeling "good enough".

Remember this...

Your stretch marks means you have grown (and in many times created LIFE inside of you).
Your belly being round means that you are a sensual, voluptuous goddess.
Hips... narrow or curvy... they allow you to stand tall.
Tiny boobs... consider yourself lucky. Big ones are a pain in the ass. 

No one gets to have an opinion on your body. And guess what... if you act like you love it... if you "fake it 'til you make it"... some day... you won't have to fake it anymore. You will actually love it.

SO... in my humble opinion (for what it is worth)... I think we should all stop wasting so much damn time. Stop giving a shit whether you look like the women in magazines and on Instagram. THOSE women do not even look like that. Angles, filters, and Photoshop are a muthafker.

Take care of yourself. Workout to be strong. Eat to nourish your body (and soul) and don't surround yourself with assholes who make you feel bad about yourself. Protect your energy, find your people, and for the love of all things holy.... stop saying shit to yourself that you would never DREAM of saying to anyone else. Stop being mean to your body. It's the only one you've got. 

Now... put your right hand on your left shoulder, and your left hand on your right shoulder and SQUEEEEEZE. Give yourself a damn hug and apologize. Say you're sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment