10.11.2011

Big Ben






Blazer: Marshalls, Dress: lotus, Shoes: Jessica Simpson, Necklaces: Bebe and lotus (Photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)

"I don't get it, but it WORKS!" That is what my friend, a photographer, Carrie said when she saw this outfit. So...what's up with this craziness? I mean, polka dots AND leopard print....oh my! And then there is the jewelry....gold and tangerine baubles layered with a black and blue Native American inspired beaded piece? What the....
Well, I started with the dress, which I affectionately refer to as the mullet dress (business in the front, party in the back) and added the red blazer 1.) to cover up the open back and 2.) to brighten it up and break up all of the polka dots. I am also quite umm...busty and anything with a crew neck makes me feel like I have a large unsightly shelf where a chest should be. Add that to the fact that that "shelf" is being accentuated by scores of polka dots, I immediately ran to my necklaces to see what I could find to take up some space and add some pizazz. I started with the longer of the two necklaces and added the top one for a fun layered effect. When I was done I threw on a pair of leopard print shoes to try out the whole mixing patterns trend (which I am just starting to really embrace) and I loved it! 
Of course, if all of this insanity isn't really your style, or within your comfort level, you could always pair the dress with a black blazer, simple jewelry and a pair of strappy black heels or red pumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment