11.07.2011

Field Trip to Century Vintage







Shirt: Target, Skirt: Banana Republic, Belt: Aldo, Hat: Forever 21, Purse: Century Vintage/Patchwerk Playhaus, Shoes: Michael Shannon, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets, Rings and Necklace: Ivy & Leo and Target (Photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
An after work trip to Century Vintage in Plaza Midwood in Charlotte with my "BFF" turned into a outfit post and an adventure. We went in to visit the lovely owner, Allyson, and to see what random treasures we could find. My last trip there resulted in a new/old shirt, blazer, hat, and the purse I was toting today. I love mixing thrift shop and vintage finds with stuff I grab at the mall or Target. Mixing and matching styles, patterns, colors, textures, along with old and new gives depth and uniqueness to your outfit. Today I wore a navy pinstriped pencil skirt with this great peasant top that I found recently at Target. I used to be so adverse to mixing patterns that I would have never dared, or even thought to have put this shirt with this skirt; but I too am stepping outside of my box and finding the fun in mild discomfort. I added a thin belt that matched my shoes (again, with the nude shoes....I am so predictable), looked in the mirror and then added this long multi-strand turquoise necklace. There wasn't any turquoise in my blouse, but I liked the contrast of the two different shades of blue. Without  the necklace I thought the outfit looked just a little too bland (even for work).  Normally I associate turquoise with summer time. I like to wear it against bright yellows, corals and crisp whites (and against a serious tan) but it was just what the doctor ordered this morning. Although, I'd be lying if I said I thought this entire outfit up while I was rushing around this AM. The truth is, I wore the top (untucked) yesterday with black leggings, flat black boots, and a black crushed velvet blazer for our car ride home from the mountains. I hung the shirt up last night before I went to bed and put it right back on for work this morning (I mean...it wasn't really that dirty was it?). What can I say, I really like this shirt...please refrain from judgment. Oh and the field trip to Century Vintage didn't disappoint today either. I snagged an awesome casual jacket and two records....Michael Jackson's, Thriller, and Stevie Nicks, Bella Donna! WINNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment