12.14.2011

Yesterday's Mascara






Vest: WD: NY, Shirt: Banana Republic, Skirt: Target, Shoes and Purse: ShoeDazzle, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklaces: Handpicked and Forever 21 (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
I woke up with a terrible headache this morning and wound up hitting the snooze button for 40 straight minutes. When I finally (and begrudgingly) got out of bed I had about 20 minutes to feed and take out the dogs, get ready for work, and get out the door. I couldn't very well skip taking care of the pups, so I cut some pretty major corners getting ready this morning. I threw my dirty hair into a knot on top of my head, washed my face around my eyes (yes, leaving yesterday's mascara on), reapplied deodorant, and threw on a really comfortable cotton skirt. I never have a good day if I make absolutely NO effort, so I added some pearls (still high off of the Chanel inspired events from the night before), these great new black booties, and a faux fur vest. Hey, if your going to go to work dirty, you might as well accessorize your scum. Starting the day off with yesterday's eye makeup and a breakfast of champions that consisted of Excedrin and a soy latte doesn't exactly make you feel energized or pretty. However, committing to a personal style diary (a.k.a-this blog) means sharing on good days and bad. As for the sunglasses...well, it wasn't pretty under there. So, you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment