2.15.2012

80's jingles









Blazer: Forever 21, Tank: LOTUS, Skirt: The Limited, Shoes: LOTUS, Bracelets: all Ivy & Leo, Necklace: Stella & Dot, Purse: Target , Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings: Marthe Pinaire (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
"Light Bright...Light Bright...turn on the magical colored lights." Do you guys remember that 1980's toy, Light Bright? It was a "screen" of sorts that lit from the back. You put a piece of black paper over it (with a dotted design on it) and put the colored pegs in the little holes to make a colorful design/picture that lit up. I loved that toy. It was incredibly annoying to pick up afterwards...all of the little pegs and all, but it was pretty rad (since we are referencing the 1980's, I figured I'd throw "rad" out there). Well, the BF and I were wide awake randomly in the middle of the night last week. Neither of us could sleep, so we started brainstorming all of the 1980's cartoons we used to watch and singing their theme songs. (It didn't seem weird at the time, but as I reread it, it kind of does.)We sung Gummi Bears, Duck Tales (whoo-hoo), Smurfs...and the list goes on. When we ran out of cartoon theme songs, we tried to think up 80's commercial jingles and "Light Bright" was one of them. I had that jingle in my head for days and juuuust when I got rid of it...BAM...I wore this outfit and the jingle was right back in my head. I looked like a walking "Light Bright" today. Think about it...the black blazer with the white polka dots, not dissimilar to the dotted paper in the toy. The neon accessories. Very 1980's... and I love it. Stay tuned for the "re-premire" of the scrunchie and pinch roll. Juuuuust kidding...or am I? (said with raised brow, sneer, and sinister laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment