2.03.2012

Double the Fun: Style Post and LOTUS Ladies Night



















Blazer: LOTUS, Skirt: Forever 21, Shoes: ShoeDazzle (although the pink bottoms were mistaken for CL's famous "Red Bottom's" more than once), Top: LOTUS, Purse and Watch: Michael Kors, Ring: Vintage LOTUS (style photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust, Photos at LOTUS: me)

Yesterday was a looooong day. I worked my 9-5 in the concrete jungle, went to get my nails done after work (I had just about all I could take of that neon pink polish...for now, anyway),  headed straight to LOTUS for Ladies Night benefiting Care Ring after, and then drove 25 minutes to go watch my BF in his flag football game. By the time I got home (16 hours later), I wanted to BURN my heels and dance (in my slippers) around the flames engulfing them to celebrate their demise. I am not complaining though. It was a great day. I got a lot done at work, carved out time for a quick style shot with my photog and BFF, Carrie, swapped the neon madness on my nails out for a classic French manicure, hung out with my girls, bought a sequins skirt (you're gonna love it!!!), and spent a little time with the BF. Man, I wish every day was that good! 
I went out on a limb a little today as far as my outfit is concerned. It may not look like anything special, but sporting  a light pink leather blazer with a lace back, layered over a rose-gold sequins shirt (to work in Corporate America) maaaay have been pushing it a bit. Oh well, I was covered up and met all of the dress code guidelines. Who says work clothes have to be boring, right!...ummm...right? I bought this blazer at LOTUS a few weeks ago. I had seen it in there for a while and really liked it, but had no idea what I'd ever wear it with so I didn't get it. That is, until it ended up on the sale rack. I was working a morning shift the Saturday I got it. I had stared at it for 5 hours that day. So, when my friend, Krista, came in that afternoon to start her shift I had her ring it up for me and..."throw it in the bag". I mean, if my creative juices failed me I could always wear it with skinny jeans, heels, and a simple tank. However, when I got home I realized (that when my little cousin and her friend were visiting) I got this rose colored skirt at Forever 21 (for 7...count 'em, 7 dollars and .80 cents). BOO-YAH! Now, the 2 items do not "match" but they do compliment each other. However, it wasn't until I went to pick up my rose-gold watch that I thought to try the blazer on with this fabulous rose gold sequins top that I also got at LOTUS (about a year ago). The top is sleeveless. I had only ever worn it out at night up to this point and both times I had paired it with jeans (both dark denim and white), but I thought why not try it and keep with the rose/pink theme. A top-to-bottom pink outfit is quite a departure from my normal look. Buuut, once I had the top and the blazer on together I loved it. It worked! However, within 20 seconds of looking into the mirror all I could think of was the famous interaction in Steel Magnolias where Shelby (when asked about her wedding colors) says in her whimsical bride-to-be voice and heavy Southern accent..."My colors are Blush and Bashful" and then her mom retorts with a very frank..."Her colors are Pink....and Pink". Love it or hate it though, it made me happy and it seamlessly transitioned me from work to FUN!
The pictures mixed in with those from the style shoot are all taken at LOTUS during ladies night. Everything you see here, can be purchased there. Oh, and pay special attention to the picture collage of the earrings and rings created by Martha Moore. There is a special surprise in store for you (blog readers) as it relates to these little goodies. Wait and see! Have a GREAT weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment