6.12.2012

Conference Room to Cocktails












Dress: Green with Envy, Blazer: Target (old, but current ones here), Belt: Old Navy, Shoes: ShoeDazzle, Watch and Purse: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Villa Savannah, LOTUS, Stella & Dot, Earrings: Sis Style, Necklace: LOTUS, iPhone Case: Mobilexpressions at Target (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)

I felt like I was getting away with something all day. Like I was being sneaky. Of course I had this here blazer on all day at the office, but knowing that the back was out of this dress kind of made me feel all "good girl gone bad" if ya know what I'm saying. I bought this dress months ago and I was in a hurry when I was doing it. I grabbed a large dress, but when I got home and tried it on, it was a little too big to be a party dress. It hung kind of loosely, was a bit too big around the waist and hips, and made me feel a little frumpy. I wasn't sure I'd ever wear it, but could not find the receipt to take it back, so there it hung in my closet with the tags still on. Until this morning. This morning I tried it on, thinking about layering something over it to make it work appropriate. So, this is what I came up with. I belted the waist to cinch it, added this preppy seersucker blazer, and red shoes (that I got in the mail a few weeks ago). I thought it was a good transition outfit. Goes from conference room to cocktails in the blink of an eye. Made me want to go to a phone booth, do a quick, presto-chango and come out ready for happy hour. If I were a superhero, I'd be "SUPA HESS" (Shout-Out to Heather and Krista and my "SUPA HESS" birthday cake <cake...cake...cake...>). Ready for Happy Hour in the blink of an eye! If I was going to wear this dress out, I would just let the back of the bra show loud and proud, because there is NO (I repeat...NO) way I would be able to wear this without one. I think I am permanently scarred from yesterday's post. Visions of saggy boobs are still dancing in my head. Not pretty. Not pretty at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment