6.13.2012

White Lace and Pat Benatar

















Shirt: LOTUS, Skirt: The Limited, Shoes: MK from T.J. Maxx, Earrings: Elle VJ, Bracelets: Stella & Dot, LOTUS, and Villa Savannah, Purse and Watch: Michael Kors
HOLY HEY-ULL!!!! It's hot out today. It's a good thing this shirt comes with built-in ventilation. I feel like you may be able to smell me just by viewing the photos. If you could it would smell like a cross between a dentist's office (got a cleaning today), Dove deodorant (still fighting the good fight at 6pm), and Greek salad dressing (ummm....feta). I feel disgusting, but not so gross that I am not still sitting in my own funk as I type this. I love living in Charlotte, but WOW, it's only June. It's going to be a sweltering summer. I may resort to blogging from the inside of my car (AC on max). Wouldn't that be fun? I could have 80's windy video hair from the vents and scream the 'Rock of Ages' soundtrack into the camera lens. I am pretty sure I will own that soundtrack...terrible movie or not. This girl right here...loves her some 80's hairband music....Def Leppard, Foreigner, Journey, Poison, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar...yes, please. Anyway...I digress. I digress, often. Let's bring it back to the clothes.
This shirt...THIS SHIRT. I love this shirt. AGHHHHH. White, scalloped, lace with an exposed zipper in the back. What the?? It's pretty and feminine, but the zipper kind of ups it's street cred'. It can be worn with jeans (even white denim... if you dare), a long flowy skirt, slacks, pencil skirts, shorts....about the only "bottom" you probably shouldn't wear with it is leggings. Please don't wear this with leggings. ;) Got it at LOTUS (shocker, I know). Everything else I wore today you have seen quite a bit before. Wait, no you have not. The earrings are new. I scored them at Elle VJ in Ayrsley. They were made by this beautiful entrepreneur named, DeQuita White. Check out her stuff at Elle VJ or here. Oh, and the shoes. They are Michael Kors, but I scored them from T.J. MAXX 4-5 years ago. I love when that happens. Opps...I just stumbled upon a $160 pair of strappy, camel-colored, heavenly heels for $40! Zinger!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    Love, love, love this! I'm so glad you visited and left a comment on the Queen City Style! Amy Pickard was telling me about an awesome blog, and I am sure it was this/you! I LOVE it!... The photos are amazing, styling, lay out, everything! I am following now, and look forward to more amazing posts! Are you taking all of your own photos?? Gorgeous! Best, Whitley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitley!
    YAAAAAY!!! Thank you SO much for the sweet compliments (means a lot to me)! I bet that sweet, Amy Pickard, was referring to this here blog. I love her and all she does. Yes, I am taking all of my own photos (unless otherwise denoted in the caption). I am so glad you are following now. I check out yours all of the time and just LOVE it!!! I'd love to get together sometime over a cocktail and officially meet! ;)

    ReplyDelete