7.01.2012

a love letter to LOTUS
















Every delicious morsel above: LOTUS

There is a small boutique nestled in the corner of The Metropolitan in uptown Charlotte, called LOTUS that I just happen to love. That is no secret. It's a go-to for women all over the city when they are looking for a dress for a wedding, a night out on the town, or anytime that they want to dress-to-impress (that includes casual events as well....sun dresses, anyone?).  I work there part-time (although I was a huge LOTUS fan and one of their best customers long before I started working there) and one day a girl came in looking around. I asked her if she was shopping for anything in particular and she said, "Not really, I just need to look hot. I am going to a party tonight and my ex-boyfriend is going to be there with his new girlfriend." BAM! You came to the right place, sister! That, my friends, is what LOTUS is all about. Making you look AND feel like a million(I'm hotter than your freakin' new girlfriend you loser)bucks!  

Sometimes you don't need a dress though, you may already have your, as Beyonce would say, "Frekum Dress"..."Oh every woman got one...shut it down when the time comes...pull out the big gun...and put your freakum dress on!"Sometimes you just need to put it all together and finish it off with some gorg' accessories and some ridiculous shoes. Well, here you go. I was in the other day and was inspired by all that you see above. Enjoy!

Oh, and I read this quote the other day and loved it so I thought I'd share.“I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes.” – Oprah Winfrey. 

WORD, Oprah........WORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment