7.17.2012

Sequins Sleeves...and my Boss













Shirt: LOTUS, Skirt: The Limited, Shoes: ShoeDazzle, Purse: Hong Kong Vintage, Watch: Michael Kors, Snake Ring: Stella & Dot,  Gemstone Ring: LeVian at Jared, Earrings: Marthe Pinaire
"Sometimes you just gotta sparkle"...that is, verbatim, what my boss said this afternoon when I walked up to his (yes...."his") desk. Then he got quiet, and thought about it and said..."Not that I would ever  personally wear sparkle, but ya know, sometimes you just have to kind of shine from the inside out". WORD, BOSS-MAN. WORD! It was like this little moment we had... where we got all deep about feeling good, and making people around you feel good. And then, *poof* it was gone, and we were back to discussing foreign national work visas and corporate sponsorship. But, we definitely had a moment. Inspired by my sequins sleeves...right there in concrete jungle. It was fleeting...but magical. (Okay, "magical" is a bit dramatic, but it was cool nonetheless). 

I wasn't going to do a blog post today. I had a pretty rough day in the office (outside of my "sparkle moment" of course), and then I met my BFF for dinner. By the time we were finished, it was after 8pm, I had a big, tummy pooch from eating and I had to pee. I had to pee, badly. None of those things make you want to delay your ride home. Visions of my stretch pants were dancing in my head and I couldn't wait to get home to them. Perhaps it was said vision that made me miss my turn for the freeway (the shortest way home). So, I was forced to go down another road, and that is when I saw this "OFFICE" sign painted on the side of an empty building. I took a quick turn into the lot and wha-la...blog post. I thought it was appropriate given the fact that I had worn sparkles to the "office" today. If you work in an office setting, you know it's not every day that some one walks in sporting sequins. But as a wise man once said..."sometimes you just gotta sparkle".

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa, thanks so much for the lovely comments on my blog! I'm so glad I stopped by yours, you have great style and this outfit is GORGEOUS!! Almost too good for the office (though I often get dressed up at the office too)! Love the comment your boss made ;)

    Am now following you on GFC and Bloglovin, look forward to seeing more outfits from you, hope to see you back again at mine!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete