8.30.2012

High Maintenance Bar Fly









Blazer: Vestique, Skirt and Earrings: The Limited, Tank: Nordstrom, Shoes: Guess, Watch: MK, Necklace: Charlotte Russe, Planner: My Agenda, iPhone Case: Target
Let me start off by saying that I am currently in a bar (it's where I pretty much stay during football season)...with my laptop plugged into the wall via an extension cord (that the manager of the bar was kind enough to get for me from the back). Before you say a word I'll admit it, that's a pretty high maintenance move. ("Hi....do you guys have a plug near any tables? Oh...no. Um...do you think I could get that table in the corner and get an extension cord if you have one? Great...thank you so much. I really appreciate it.") I don't look as stupid as you may think though since many other people have their laptops out too (making their fantasy football draft picks). I am not picking what wide receiver I am going to run with for the season though. I am blogging and editing photos from a photo shoot I did with a family of (addddooooorrrraaaaabbbbblllleeeee) triplets last weekend. The "Man-Friend" and I had a date night last night, so I didn't edit any and I hate to make people wait for me. So...here I am. In a bar, with my laptop, sitting next to a wall, with a bright orange extension cord....drinking a tequila martini (with muddled jalapenos in it...I know. I am a beast). And it doesn't suck. Want to know what else does not suck? Wearing 3 different shades of the same color. Here I have on Carolina blue, turquoise blue, and gray-blue. But, enough about the clothes. Let's discuss this necklace. HOLY BAH-GEEEZUS. I love it. It is one of the purchases I am most proud of. I found it 5-6 years ago (before bib necklaces were really a "thing") in the mall at Charlotte Russe. Never heard of it? Yeah, that's because you are not 12 years old. Admittedly, it is a store for a muuuuuch younger demographic than yours truly. I go in from time to time though because they have super cheap shoes and accessories. I'll occasionally find a cute tank or sweater, too. Don't get it twisted, I am not above shopping at stores aimed at high-schoolers...half of everything I own is from F21, it's just that you have to be careful. You have to know what you can get there and what to stay away from (it's a fine line at times). There is nothing worse than a woman who is 30+ looking like tripped and fell into the closet of a 6th grader. There has got to be a way to hold onto your youth without looking like a tool. Right????

No comments:

Post a Comment