9.04.2012

DNC? M.I.A










GREETINGS!!!! I've been M.I.A the last few days (traveling over the Labor Day weekend and all) and I am probably going to fall off the map for a few more. You see...the Democratic National Convention is in Charlotte (where I live) and it has TAKEN OVER. Hundreds (if not thousands) of people have to work from home all week because the roads are closed, there is no access to parking garages, and the Secret Service make it all around impossible to move around uptown. I am not complaining though. I have been waiting for this week since last year when it was announced that Charlotte was going to be the 2012 DNC host city. For those of you who know me, you know I am pretty "political". I don't know if that is the right term or not. I just "give a crap" about a few things that I think are really important, and I have never been quiet about it. I went down to Carolina Fest yesterday and took in all of the DNC festivities (before my volunteering duties start). I saw a live taping of MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports, and was literally 2 feet from Nancy Pelosi (WHAT WHAT!?!?!). There are all sorts of celebrities here and they are teaming up in the most unlikely ways to raise money and awareness. I mean, Bill Clinton and Will.I.Am (from the Black Eyed Peas) are hosting an event together. One of these things is not like the other. No matter your political affiliation, it is pretty cool to see and feel all of the energy that is created when people of all different ages, races, political affiliations, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds come together. It was an amazing experience and just the start of my long awaited DNC week. So, I thought I'd share a few pictures and say TTFN (Ta-Ta For Now). Adios, Mamacitas!!!!!

2 things:
1. Style Night Out is a week (and a day) away (on Thursday, September 13th). I'll be channeling my inner Giuliana Rancic as I host the red carpet. Get your tickets before they are sold out. You do NOT want to miss the biggest, baddest fashion show in Charlotte. It's the cat's meow. The bee's knees (and all of the other ridiculous phrases that make no sense, but mean "it's pretty friggin' awesome").
2. Last week I did a photo shoot for a family that had triplets. If you are interested in seeing one of the most beautiful families in history, click on over to the "My Photography" page and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment