2.05.2014

100 Dates for Valentine's Day!







Blazer: Banana Republic, Jeans, Necklace, and Clutch: LOTUS, Bracelets: Celene Stones (EM Krista at CeleneStones@gmail.com or at LOTUS - tell her you saw them on this here blog and get 15-20% off <if you contact her directly, discount does not apply in store at LOTUS>), Shoes: Shoe Ocean, Scarf: Thrifted, Watch: Michael Kors

Greetings Earthlings.

So... perhaps that was a touch dramatic.

I did not leave planet Earth, but I have been completely, 100% out of commission since Saturday night. I got sick with the flu. We were on our way to Fayetteville on Saturday and I started to feel lousy. By the time I woke up on Sunday... BIGGITYBAM... I felt like a train had slammed into my face and body. Headache, cough, body aches, fever, sore throat and chest, overall pain and discomfort... everywhere. THEN... the Manfriend got it too. The only thing worse than being sick, is seeing someone you love sick. Breaks your heart. Even if it's a grown ass man.

This is the first thing I have worn without an elastic waistband in 5 days. And, I'm pretty sure it also goes without saying that this is the first time my hair has been washed in as many days as well. Which, really has nothing to do with me being sick and everything to do with me being a lazy slob. 

Switching gears... remember a few months ago when some friends and I got together and provided dinner for the women and men at the Homeless Resource Center in Charlotte? Well, many months ago I signed up to do it again and that time has come. Oh.... yeah... and I need some help.

Here's the catch... it's on Valentine's Day. Bad timing? Depends who you ask. Maybe it's not bad timing? Maybe it is awesome timing. Time to spread real love to some folks who may not receive nearly enough. So... if you (or even you and your significant other) want to sign up to help, just let me know.

Last time we all met at my house to prepare the meal, but I think that may have been overkill (unless you all want to get together to do it, that's fine too!). Either way, this time we can divide the meal into parts and have everyone make/bring a portion. Then... when we come together at The Center, we will have a complete meal for 100! So... that is why it is absolutely imperative that if you volunteer to help, that you actually show up with what you signed up for.

What you are committing to:
  • Making/Buying a portion of a simple meal (probably pasta, salad, and bread)
  • Being in Uptown Charlotte with your portion of a meal at 4:30-45 (sharp) on Friday, February 14th
  • Being able to stay at The Homeless Resource Center from 4:45 until approximately 6pm to serve
  • Being a blessing to strangers, and feeling overwhelmingly blessed all at the same time. Win/Win.

If you are interested, please let me know ASAP. You can donate money directly towards the meal, or donate your time and money to help out. Either way, anything you can do would be UBER appreciated. Please let me know if you can do it (really do it... no back outs) ASAP. Thank you SO much!!!!
Valentines Day Quotes Sayings Quotations,  2014 Valentines Day quotes, Lovers Day Quotes in 2014, valentine's day  craft  www.loveitsomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment