3.04.2014

Runnin' On Empty...








Vest: Calvin Klein, Skirt and Blazer: Target, Tank: Lotus, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklace: Bebe (got it in San Francisco 4 years ago)

It was 70 degrees in Charlotte yesterday. Today... not so much. It was SO friggin' cold when I got out of work tonight that I decided to do a blog post in my front room/office. If I had done one outside in that cold I would have looked like a miserable bitch in every picture, because... well, I would have been miserable. And when I am miserable, I look like a straight up beeeotch.

This is the room I redecorated at 3 AM last week when I couldn't sleep. Best part about doing a blog post from this room? My necklace matches my throw pillow. If you know me, you know that I am serious when I say, "this makes me happy". Real happy.

I have been insanely busy the last few days. This past weekend I started Pilates Teacher Training (YIPEE!!!). I spent 18 hours (between Saturday and Sunday) in training. It was intense. Mentally and physically exhausting. I don't think I've been that tired since... well, maybe... ever. On top of that, it was my Manfriend's birthday weekend. I set up a surprise dinner for him with some of his dental colleagues/friends on Friday night (an hour away)... spent 9 hours in training the next day (which was 45 minutes away)... got out of training at 7pm Saturday night, was dressed and ready for his next birthday party by 9pm Saturday night (and by dressed and ready I mean I went with dirty hair, threw some extra deodorant on, and painted my lips red)... and then, after sleeping for less than 4 hours Saturday night... I was up and back in the car heading to another 9 hours of teacher training. When Sunday night came around I was a zombie.

Here's some pics from the weekend...
Pilates Teacher Training... that's my head in the top left and my ass in the middle row, far right. HA.

I have started Student Teaching if anyone is interested in super cheap (like $5 dolla holla) personal Pilates classes. I can come to you, or you can come to me. One on one Pilates classes can cost $75/hour for professionals, but since I'm a super-rookie, I'll basically be doing them for a high-five and a smile. Let me know if you're interested. We can do 1:1 or small groups. I'm serious, let me know. It has changed my body. FO REAL. I used to have ZERO core strength. NONE... and now, my abs... they are kind of a big deal. I mean... you can't "see" them or anything (don't get crazy)... but they are there, and they are beast-mode strong (relatively speaking).


These are some of my favorite pics from the party Saturday night (thanks, Amanda, for capturing them). My brother and sister-in-law were kind enough to pick up a cake for me while I was in class. They gave it to me to deliver to the Birthday Boy and I almost dropped the entire thing (typical). It slid... almost off the plate entirely. It was a last second, dramatic save. The last picture is of me sticking my frosting filled hand into his mouth. Nothing but class... I know.

And... even though I have totally posted this all over FB and Instagram already, it bears repeating. A photo montage wishing my Dude a very happy birthday. Look at that picture of when he was a kid in the middle. I can't even take the cuteness. It's too much. I want to eat him. Squeeze his baby face. UGH. Love it.



1 comment:

  1. Looking at those couple pics making me smile. You guys make such super cute pair, seriously. In germany we have an idiom for that "like butt on a bucket" hehehe meaning you found your lid for the pan :-D

    PS: Your home decor is KILLAH :-)

    ReplyDelete