12.29.2014

Eggnog and Elastic












Shoes: Aldo, Leggings: Marshalls, Sweater: F21, Purse: H&M, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Alex & Ani

Oh, hey there.

It's been a minute since I have blogged. Since the well before Christmas in fact. Since the last time we met I have taken out my extensions (bye, bye weave) and spent a week at home in New York with my family.

I have not spent an entire week at home since I was in college, so I was really looking forward to the trip. While I was home my SIL threw a surprise party for my little brother's 30th birthday (so.much.fun)... I taught Pilates at a local personal training studio (thank you, Casey at Functional Performance by Oakden)... I overate... worked the register a day at my dad's liquor store... reconnected with friends from high school and college that I had not seen in years... spent lots of time with my family... and overate. Did I mention that I overate. Holy shit.

Speaking of overeating... does this outfit look familiar? Maybe it's not the exact outfit you wore over the holidays, but I'd be willing to bet that a good number of us opted for elastic waistbands and over-sized shirts. And honestly, I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable enough to veer very far from away from this uniform. Actually I think it's total bullshit that New Years Eve festivities occur mere days after the holidays. I mean... what the eff!?!? You eat, drink, lay around, and make numerous other decisions that leave you feeling like a gluttonous slob and then want to look cute to bring in the New Year?????? Fuuuuuuuk that. I'm debating forgoing all NYE festivities this year in favor of staying in on my couch in an over-sized sweatshirt trying to eat as much shit as I possibly can before the clock strikes midnight and it's 2015 resolution time.

Isn't it amazing what a few days of bad decisions can do to your psyche? Maybe I'm just a freak, but getting out of my routine really jacks me up. I worked out over the break pretty regularly, but not as hard as I normally would, and I sure as hell didn't eat well. On Christmas Eve I basically participated in a contest called... "How much spiked eggnog can you consume in an hour or less". Needless to say... I won. By a landslide. DIS-gusting. I feel like my entire body has been stung by bees. A swollen mess.

Ah well. It was fun.... and delicious. It was really friggin' delicious. But, alas... it's back to the real world. Pants with zippers, alarm clocks and cruciferous vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment