3.17.2015

Turning 35... and other musings.








Jeans: LOTUS (15% off online- code MODA), Shirt: Vestique, Shoes: Jessica Simpson, Necklace: CeleneStones (15% off if you email Krista and mention ModaFresca celenestones@gmail.com or on Instagram at CeleneStones) Bag: Target


Happy St. Patrick's Day. This is my take on festive attire. I wore it Saturday afternoon when we went out to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. 

I love this cute little shirt, but the strapless bra that I was forced to wear with it??? Absolutely friggin' useless. To get strapless bras tight enough to be of any service whatsoever you have to essentially forgo breathing. Not to mention deal with a bulge of newly formed back fat that puts you in a mood bad enough to want to scrap going out all together. But... on the flip side... if you don't get it tight enough the thing just slides down around your waist. By the end of the night you're basically wearing a boob belt. I call it that because both your boobs and bra end up around your waist. UGH. The struggle.

Anyway... enough about that.  What is really on my mind is the fact that in 1 month from today I turn thirty-five. 

35. 

Man, I used to think that sounded so mature. Not old, but definitely "mature". As in... I would have my life totally together by then because I'd be well into adulthood. But, as I sit here, so close to 35 that I can smell it, I assure you... my definition of "mature" has changed.

Things that make me think I am not fit to live without supervision:

  • The fact that if faced with the decision to buy a cute outfit or groceries, I will never choose groceries. 
  • Bathroon humor makes me laugh. Farting. The funniest.
  • I still cross my fingers when I want something to go my way. 
  • When asked who my doctor is I still want to say, Dr. Shepard. I have not gone to her since my mom had to drive me there. 
  • My favorite word (of all time) is wiener. It's hilarious and I will always think so. 
  • I have a 401K, but I don't really know what that means.
  • None of my towels match and I have no idea where half of them came from. That's weird, right? 
  • There is an air mattress in one of our guest rooms. It's a mac daddy one, and it's made up really nicely, but still. It's an air mattress.  


Things that make me realize I am most definitely 35: 

  • I think most of "today's music" is garbage. 
  • I still believe college was ten years ago.
  • I'd  rather be in bed at midnight than "out". 
  • I no longer care about "skinny". I feared I'd spend my whole like worried about that shit. Now I exercise to be strong and confident. Sweet Freedom.
  • I speak my mind. Always. 
  • I own 3 crock pots. 
  • I have a bad knee. 
  • I will not tolerate someone in my life being mean to me or making me feel like shit because they hate themselves or the decisions they have made. 
  • I own a car that takes Premium fuel.
  • I now know that nothing is "black or white". "Good people" do bad things and "bad people" do good things. 
  • There are place settings on my dining room table. Always. 
  • I have crows feet and when I sweat profusely during PiYo my mascara runs down my face and pools in the lines around my eyes.


Yup. 35. I don't have all of my shit together, but I've come a long way. So... if you are reading this and you are quite a few years younger than me... here is some advice:

  • Find a job that has medical insurance. 
  • Get regular oil changes.
  • Free yourself from anyone who does not inspire you to be your best self. 
  • Find at least one soul friend. Someone who does not compete with you. Wants the best for you, and laughs at the word "wiener". Keep them close, you will need them as you make good decisions and bad throughout your life. 
  • Find something that makes you happy and do it. Even if no one else understands why you're doing it. 
  • Love who you are with. Really love them, and tell them a lot.














No comments:

Post a Comment