10.31.2011

Cassidy on Borrowed Bootleg








Dress: MNG by Mango, Blazer: Banana Republic, Belt: Old Navy, Shoes: Aldo (old), Necklace: Eileens (boutique in Charlotte-now closed), Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Ivy & Leo and Handpicked, Bag: ShoeDazzle (Photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
As soon as I saw this dress I thought of my high school choir teacher, Mrs. Piper. She has this effortless, casual air about her and embodies the style of the 60's. This long, floral dress with sheer sleeves screamed, Mrs. Piper, to me and I had to have it. I would wear this dress to a nice dinner out, or pack it for a weekend away. It's versatile enough to dress down or up and I love it. Today I threw a hunter green structured blazer over it and accessorized with a simple leather belt (I tied the belt that is sewn into the blazer behind my back and put this one over it). I switched the belt from the inside to the outside of the blazer to change up the look. I pulled out these rarely worn wooden platform shoes with navy straps to make me tall enough to pull the dress off (but it would look great with boots too). I loved the look of the wooden heel with the flowy dress...call it my deep down dirty hippie rearing her naturally curly hair (uh, I mean, head). The whole thing had an outdoorsy, organic feel and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's no coincidence that I was humming, Cassidy (my favorite Grateful Dead song) while I was getting dressed. "Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, I'm done with mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment