10.27.2011

I'm Batman







Shirts: Ivy&Leo and Banana Republic, Skirt: The Limited, Shoes: Off Broadway, Coat: Ivy&Leo, Purse: lotus, Necklace: Target, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Handpicked, Stella & Dot, Target (Photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)





Capes are one of the biggest trends for fall this year. You can rock the cape style in coat, sweater, or shirt form. If you are afraid of looking too "boxy" or concerned that one makes you look like you gained some additional "lbs", fear not, my friends! You can always pair a cape with a skinny or straight jean (although I love the look of a cape and a dramatic bell-bottom), leggings, a skirt, or while we are enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures here in NC, a pair of great wool or tweed shorts. If you are really scared of the cut of a cape you can opt for one like this, a translucent one.  I wanted to wear my "cape" shirt today so I picked a complimentary tank to throw under it (it being completely see through and all) and paired it with this great orange(ish) skirt that I have. I thought the brown and orange together looked very seasonal (I could have been mistaken for foliage if I was tromping through the forest). I had to work at my second job tonight (although it is my first love) after my 9-5, so my BFF and photographer met me there to get some outfit shots for ModaFresca. We hoped to highlight the fall colors of the clothes, stacks of complimentary (although never matchy-matchy) accessories and the versatility of my friend (and yours) the cape!

No comments:

Post a Comment