1.10.2012

American Grafitti










Blazer: LOTUS, Shirt: Ivy & Leo, Vest: WD.NY, Leggings and Earrings: Target, Purse: Bakers, Boots: ShoeDazzle, Bracelets: Stella & Dot, Ivy & Leo, HandPicked, Watch: Michael Kors (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)

These pictures were taken on Sunday afternoon. A great Sunday for me includes church, brunch, shopping, and a big family dinner. This ensemble works for all of that (considering we go to a really casual church). Leggings are a comfy Sunday staple for me, but adding the boots and blazer give it a look that is a little more "put together". All of these individual pieces are really versatile. This mustard color blazer from LOTUS is awesome. It can be worn to work in the concrete jungle of corporate America, thrown over a sequins party dress for a night out on the town, worn with a white v-neck t-shirt and jeans, or like this, thrown over a long summer tank top and leggings. I really love the color too. Mustard yellow is great for the cooler months (very fall/"autumish"), but any shade of yellow can take you right through spring into the summer months. This tank is in a fun pattern that incorporates stripes, polka dots, and lots of colors (black, off-white, yellow, pink, light purple) which gives you a lot of options when looking for something to pair it with. It is really long, so you can wear it with leggings or skinny jeans, but it is also very thin, so you can easily tuck it into a pencil skirt and wear it as a base to a lot of layering. The back of it is really unexpected and makes it even more unique. The off-white racer back in a lace-like pattern reminds me a little of an old school doily or your grandmother's place mat, but I love it. I could have easily paired black boots with this, but I like the way these camel colored ones work with the blazer. The purse brings in the color of the boots, blazer, and the stripes in the tank. It's pretty much a perfect bag if you ask me, and it only cost me about $60.00, although in my opinion, it looks much more expensive. Still getting used to my new bangs, day 2 with them at this point. So far so good though...I'm happy with the change. Not gonna lie...I feel a little funkier. Like grafitti wall and (faux) fur vest funky!

No comments:

Post a Comment