1.09.2012

Racey Lacey










Romper: Dolce Vida/Vivian B. boutique in NoDa, Belt: Aldo, Shoes and Purse: ShoeDazzle, Necklace: Bebe, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Ivy & Leo, Stella & Dot (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)

Night out outfit! I know I normally showcase outfits I wear to work, but once in a while it is fun to spice it up! This romper is gorgeous...and perfect for a night out on the town. It is made by Dolce Vida and is navy blue lace. It is long sleeved, has an open-back, and the bottom is shorts. It was unseasonably warm this week in Charlotte so I was able to wear it as is, but I would normally pair it with a black belt and black tights (and black booties) to make it more appropriate for cooler temperatures. I love the look of the open back, but as I have stated before I cannot go without wearing a bra. So...I just put a cute purple/print one on and let it show. Hey, an exposed bra is a much better look than the alternative (if you know what I mean). Because it was so warm out and I didn't have to wear black tights, I decided to rock one of my favorite pairings...navy and tan. I took off the black skinny belt that came with the outfit and exchanged it for this nude one. I added a pair of nude heels and coordinating purse and thought I was finished. I looked in the mirror though and something was "off". It must have been the crew neck. I hate the way crew necks normally look on me and this was no exception. If you have an ummm..."ample" chest, crew necks can make you look like you just have this abnormally large shelf in the front. In order to break up the neck area I added a big statement necklace in coral and gold. I love gold, coral, navy, and nude together. This is a great summer outfit and if it is too warm to wear tights, but a little too cool to wear it by itself, it also looks great with a blazer. I paired this with an off-white/creme blazer, but I would have rocked a black one if I were wearing the tights I mentioned earlier. Oh...and I got bangs!!! How did I fail to mention that?? I was at breakfast and decided that I wanted a change. So, by lunchtime I had visited my wonderful hair stylist and got these fun fringed numbers. Now that I have overcome my lifelong hatred of my forehead I can be okay with bangs. I got them for a style change up, not in an attempt to hide behind them. A big shout out and thanks to my wonderful boyfriend, who helped me get over my forehead hang-ups...they were deep-rooted and insanely serious.  Oh, and another shout-out to my friend, and blog photog, Carrie, who always supports my impulsive style change-ups. Positive people in your life are so precious. If you don't have enough of them, my advice is to break up with your negative friends and go find you some awesome new ones, STAT! Life is too short, ya know!?

No comments:

Post a Comment