1.18.2012

Carrie Bradshaw meets...Barbara Bush?










Blazer: Forever 21, Shirt: The Limited, Pants: Express, Shoes: Off Broadway, Purse: ShoeDazzle, Necklaces: HandPicked, Stella & Dot, Bracelet: HandPicked, Watch: Michael Kors, Ring: Target (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
If you've been reading this blog for a while you may recognize these sapphire slippers. They are the blue version of the red one's I donned in the "We're Not in Kansas Anymore, Toto" post. They also happen to be knock-offs of the famous "Something Blue" Manolo Blahnik's from the first Sex & The City movie. Yup, the pair Carrie Bradshaw almost left in the closet, the pair that she came back for, the pair that Big proposed with. (*sigh*....I heart that movie). My shoes don't have a story nearly that dramatic. I found them at Off Broadway before the movie even came out. I had no idea I was buying Manolo knock-offs at the time, but I am "a-okay" with that in this case.  I scored them before the movie came out and (probably in part due to that fact) I got them for a steal! I have been waiting to wear these pants and shoes together. They were bought years apart, and at two totally different stores, but they match perfectly! I was really digging the royal blue today, that is  until my friend Eric pointed out that I was in fact wearing head to toe, "Barbara Bush Blue". He added that the only thing I was missing was a few strand of pearls. UGH. Nothing against, Barbara Bush (except her political affiliations), but she is not exactly someone I derive fashion inspiration from. If you are wondering what the connection is between royal blue and Barbara Bush, just Google her memoir. The front cover says it all. I'd like to think of this outfit as a nice combination of business (B. Bush) and party (C. Bradshaw). The blazer and blouse are a little "buttoned up" but bright blue pants and bedazzled buckles on matching stilettos....well, that is Miss Bradshaw all day. I guess it's all about the balance when you're body is in the concrete jungle from 9-5, but your heart is in an episode of Sex & The City.

No comments:

Post a Comment