1.16.2012

Pink: Pants, Pout, Pumps










 
Trench: Marina Luna, Shirt: Forever 21, Tank: Banana Republic, Scarf: Century Vintage, Pants: H&M, Shoes: ShoeDazzle, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Ivy & Leo, Buckets, $6 Vendor,  Earrings: Marthe Pinaire, Necklaces: Target and HandPicked (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
If you had told me a few years ago that some day I would be wearing hot pink pants, with coordinating shoes and lips I would have told you that you are out of your ever-loving-mind. However, I saw these jeans in H&M and had to have them. Well, I had to try them on, I wasn't yet convinced that I had to have them. I love the bright jeans (80's throwback) trend, but I had yet to try it out. So, there I was in the dressing room of H&M with these rather intimidating pants. Once I got them on I liked them, but they didn't look quite right. They looked like leggings. So I rolled up the bottoms of them to see if that would make a difference. I wanted them to hit above the ankle and with two rolls...voila...they hit exactly where I wanted them to. Then it hit me that I have shoes that match perfectly waiting for me at home. I liked them so much after the roll (a regular roll, not to be confused with the 80's pinch roll) that I bought 2 additional pairs (in a mint green and navy blue). Even though they are bright pink, they are actually pretty versatile. I paired them with a tame tan shirt and jacket this weekend, but I could easily pair it with a chambray (denim-looking) shirt, white button down, or another really bright color like red (for a homemade color blocking effect). I'm still a little intimidated by the mint green pair, but stay tuned. Now that I have them I have to find a way to pull them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment