2.08.2012

MTV True Life








Jacket: Target, Pants: Banana Republic, Shoes: Aldo, Shirt: Target, Purse: Pink & Blue, Necklaces: Stella & Dot and Target, Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings: Marthe Pinaire (photos: Carrie Hawkins Foust)
I'm sorry. I am sorry if you clicked a link that took you to this blog and you were disappointed. Let's say you expected to see a creative outfit. Perhaps even worn by a woman who took the time to do her hair. If that is what you were hoping for...my apologies. I couldn't do it. I don't know what is wrong with me this week. I am not sick, depressed, sad, or tired...just lazy I guess. I washed my hair yesterday, so I didn't want to do it again today. (My hair is a touch on the dry side, so washing it every day makes it look a hot mess.) I really tried to get another day out of my bangs, but they were NOT, I repeat, NOT cooperating. So, I pulled out my mini Bobbi pins (one of the BEST inventions ever), twisted my bangs up, and pinned them back. The rest of my hair followed suit, so I put a few waves in it with a curling iron (I literally spent 3 minutes doing it...not a lot of effort, clearly) and put it back into a ponytail. I like my ponytails high and tight (like an Army fade), so I always put two rubber bands in it. 
Anyway...on to the outfit. The tan pants and nude heels were a no brainer...pretty basic, and the top (which really looks best with a belt around my waist at the elastic when paired with a skirt) was chosen because it was baggy, loose and really comfortable. I actually almost walked out of the house just like that. Ponytail, pants, and baggy top, end of story....and then... I came to my senses and "wo"manned up. I went to my dresser and decided to add some "love" to the ensemble by way of accessories. I pulled out the coral"ish" color from the detail in the top and debuted these great earrings (THANKYOU, MARTHA!), then decided to put a few turquoise necklaces on. There isn't any turquoise in the shirt, but I really love coral and turquoise together. So, there you are. Not much to discuss. Not much to look at, but there it is. My personal MTV episode of True Life: I Had A Bad Hair Day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment