5.27.2012

BBQ Sauce and the Barter System







Shorts: Shop Olive Online, Shirt: Nordstrom, Necklaces: LOTUS and Target, Rings: The Boulevard on South End and LOTUS, Bracelets: Villa (Savannah), Watch: MK, Shoes: Nordstrom Rack, Earrings: Target

If you would have told me (not too long ago) that someday I would be wearing orange shorts, OR lace shorts, OR shorts with heels, I would have laughed IN YO' FACE. However, the days of me being a fashion scaredy cat are (long) gone. I love these crazy shorts, and although I do not have much to share today, I though that they (and this necklace) warranted a blog post. 
I worked at LOTUS today (which is probably the only reason I washed 2 days of filth off of me and got out of my bathing suit cover up). Yesterday I had quite the outfit evolution. I started the day off in workout clothes, then moved to a bathing suit, on to a cover up, and finally I fell asleep on my brother's couch wearing a hooded sweatshirt over my cover-up. I looked good, and smelled better. Like a medley of SPF 15, BBQ sauce, stale white wine, and bad (food) decisions. "I'm sexy and I know it."
I saw this necklace as soon as I opened the doors of LOTUS this morning. I immediately put it on, fell in love with it over the course of the day, and finally bought it before I closed out the store. So, technically, after a few hours of work, it all evened out and it's as if I got it for free. Who says the barter system is dead? It is alive and well in my world. Now that I think about it, maybe I should make and carry a sign that says "WILL WORK FOR OBNOXIOUSLY LARGE ACCESSORIES".

No comments:

Post a Comment