5.23.2012

Eggs and Bib Necklaces







Shirt: F21, Skirt: The Limited, Shoes, Off Broadway, Necklace: J.T Posh, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: Ivy & Leo, Earrings: Martha Pinaire
Yes, you read that right..."My hair smells like an omelette". I have really, really dry hair...which seems weird, since I have pretty oily skin, but considering I fry, dye and lay it to the side it's not too much of a surprise. Perhaps it was my trip to the Farmer's Market this past weekend, but I was feeling all natural and stuff, so I decided to make a homemade moisturizing mask for my tresses. I took a shower, washed my hair, towel dried it then put my DIY (do it yourself) concoction on it. I took 3 whole raw eggs, a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of vinegar, whipped it all together and poured it on my head. I saturated my hair with it and put it in a bun on the top of my head. I planned on washing it out, but I got lazy so I slept in it. It was dry (and really hard) by then, so it didn't get all over the place, but when I washed it out this morning (had to wash it twice), it was REALLY soft. Like, virgin hair soft. Now it didn't grow 4 inches overnight, become disco-ball shiny, or start speaking in tongues, but it was a bit of a miracle if you ask me. I highly recommend trying it if you have straw-like hair.
So...this necklace. Kind of rad, right? It cost 7X's as much as the shirt I am wearing it over, but considering my t-shirt was only $4.80, it didn't exactly break the bank. I got it at a local upscale consignment shop called J.T Posh. I "liked" them on FB so I saw that they had uploaded new pictures one day while I was at work. Yes, I scrolled through my FB homepage at work...don't act like you don't do the same thing. Anyway, I saw it and immediately called the shop to ask them if they would hold it for me until the end of the day. They happily obliged and by 6pm EST this beauuutiful neck jewelry was mine, all mine. I brought my lunch to work for a week after just to make up for the cost. Again, not that $35 is a gawd-awful amount to spend, but I do that stuff to even out my shopping habit. So, it works out and all is right in the universe my bank account. I took a cue from all the blue in the necklace, pulled out this pencil skirt, tucked in my weekend t-shirt and was out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment