5.05.2012

Nappy Roots
















Maxi Dress: LOTUS, Flops: Nine West, Bracelets: LOTUS, Target, Zia, Rings: Aldo Accessories, The Boulevard at South End, and Stella & Dot, Earrings: Sis Style
What up, What up!?!!?! Greetings from Savannah, Ladies! We are here for the weekend for a friend's wedding. My BF is the best man so I have had lots of down time while he golfs, hangs with the groomsmen, etc. It's been so relaxing. I have gone on long walks each morning, taken pictures of random, historical stuff, and window shopped (and even did a little bit of real shopping). My vacation staples are maxi dresses and flip flops, so it's no surprise that this post features those two things. I got this maxi from LOTUS in Charlotte, and these flops from Nine West...waaaay, back in the day. If you have never been to Savannah, then you cannot possibly understand the weather I am dealing with. Sweet Lord...it is smoldering HOT and SO muggy that as soon as you step outside it feels like you are walking into a locker room full of full blast hot showers. You could cut the air with a knife. I made the mistake of straightening my hair last night. EPIC FAIL. Before we made it to the car I had nappy roots (and I don't mean the music group) rearing their ugly heads all over the base of my head, temples, and at my forehead. Not cute. Oh, and the wedding that we are attending tonight. The ceremony is outside. My poor BF is in a full-blown black tux. Poor thing. I'll be that chick in a dress fanning herself with the program, sitting with her legs wide open in an attempt to get some much needed ventilation. Not a pretty mental picture....but that's just how it's got to be. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment