5.07.2012

Wedding Details and Tulip Dress













Dress: Ivy &Leo, Necklace and Ring: LOTUS

As I mentioned earlier, we were in Savannah this past weekend for a wedding in which my BF was the Best Man. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to of the event, but I did capture some really beautiful details of Amber and Aaron's BIG DAY! Annnnd....since this is a style blog, here are some really lame photos (that I took with one hand) of what I wore to it.

I really like this LBD (little black dress). It is strapless and short, but not skanky. It's got a great tulip skirt, with understated peplum detail around the waist that makes it a bit more interesting than a detail-less LBD. It also has a chunky exposed zipper in the back that looks like tarnished gold. I like it so much I actually have it in pink, too. I found it at Ivy & Leo 2 years ago. I originally bought the pink one for a wedding, then went back and got the black one because I liked it so much (and because it was on sale for like 50% off). I wore it with nude heels and this GREAT necklace that I recently scored at LOTUS. 

Buuuut...enough about my dress. Let's focus, shall we??? Look at Amber's wedding dress. It was GORGEOUS. Simple. Stunning. It had asymmetrical pleats, a sweetheart neckline, a beautiful train that was the perfect length, and had amazing detail around the waist. When I saw it I had one of those "take your breath away moments". If every bride dreams of evoking that feeling from the crowd...mission accomplished, sister. YOU looked extremely beautiful. Now, I know I was not the groom, but I am sure I can safely say that he felt the same way.

As for the decor...everything about it was perfect. Just lovely. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Barnes!!!

2 comments: