7.04.2012

From 30,000 feet...













Dress: Off 5th (Saks 5th Ave. outlet), Shoes and Purse: ShoeDazzle, Bracelets: Stella & Dot, Watch: MK, Ring: Aldo Accessories


These pictures were taken earlier when I kind of had it together. You know, when I had heels on and was stone sober. I have since backslid. Currently I am 2 (very stiff) Mango Margaritas  and one glass of Chardonnay in and typing this at 30,000 feet in the air. My ears are popping, and all I can smell is the funk of too many people in one place. Said funk, is a medley of  aromas…including, lots of different take out food, sweat, airplane coffee brewing,  and copious amounts of conflicting cologne (and perfume) scents from the dozens of samples in the magazines being read around me. We are on our way "Up Top". That is what my BF refers to the North as… "Up Top". We are heading to Boston for the 4th of July then hoping on over to NYC to finish out the week. I am pretty stoked. It's been a while since we have been on any sort of vacation. We have taken weekend trips to a couple of different Southern cities for weddings and such, but we haven't taken an actual vacation (with no agenda) in over a year. I'm really pumped about being in Boston (with all of it's American History) for Independence Day, and then going to "The City" to take in, well….THE CITY. The shopping, people-watching, Broadway, sight-seeing, shopping (did I say that already), and as much food and drink as possible. The BF and I are big-time foodies. We essentially just travel so we can eat and drink our way through various places.
As far as what I am wearing….like I said, I am kind of tipsy, so I don't really feel like writing about it. Seems kind of boring to me right now. Apparently, I'd  much rather complain about the nauseating smells on this airplane (I'm sure you appreciate me dragging you into my misery with that narrative…you're welcome). The only thing I really want to say about this outfit is that, this dress is tricky if you have big boobs. The waist is really high, and since you have to wear a strapless bra with this, your chest doesn't get adequate support, so the dress kind of ends up making you look like you are all boobs and hips (which may not suck, in theory…I guess it just depends on what kind of mood you are in). If you really want to accentuate your curves in a, Sophia Loren kind of way…this is most definitely your dress. If you're more inclined to tap into your inner Kate Moss. This is not the garment you want to choose. The only other thing that needs to be addressed is…I love these shoes. Fierce. Move over Elvis. This is how we do Blue Suede, Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment