9.07.2012

Political Crack Head








Blazer: Forever 21, Pants: Express, Tank: Nordstrom, Shoes: Off Broadway, Necklace: Vivian B., Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: Target, Earrings: SisStyle
HOLA MAMACITAS!!! I've only been out of the blogging loop for a few days, but it feels like forever. The DNC (Democratic National Convention) has kept me busy this week and insanely hyped up on adrenaline. I've been walking around like a junkie since Monday. When I wasn't uptown in the mix I was glued to my television and phone. I was literally overcome with emotion, motivation, and inspiration. I know that many of you could give a flying "hoot" about politics, but I am a political crack-head. I was a Poli-Sci major in college and literally stayed up ALL night when the ballots were being counted in the Gore/Bush race of 2001. Now that the DNC is over, uptown Charlotte is back to normal. Traffic has calmed, the media has shipped out, and everyone is detoxing from the buzz. I feel deflated. I miss it already. AnyWHO...this is what I wore to a Planned Parenthood fundraiser yesterday morning. Nothing too interesting, except that I am sporting royal blue from head to toe. As most of you know, blue is the color of the Democratic Party (you know...blue states <DEM> versus red states <REP>), and I dove right in. Perhaps it's a little much, but I got excited, what can I say? Next week my fashion choices and my schedule will be back to normal. Well, until Thursday (9/13) that is, because as most of you know that is STYLE NIGHT OUT. YEEEEAAAHHHH BUDDY. Man, I love September...new Fall fashions, national political conventions, the start of football season, Pumpkin-Spice lattes, Oktoberfest beer, AND dark nail polish. What's not to love?!? It's my favorite month of the year. I've just decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment