9.24.2012

Turbans and Punctuation









Pants: Express, Shirt and Necklace: Vestique, Earrings: Marthe Pinaire, Watch: MK, Bracelets: LOTUS, Headband: Forever 21, Shoes: Jessica Simpson
1. I was a hot mess this morning. I hate Mondays. I love the weekends though, so I (stupidly) try to stretch them out. I stayed up until 1am last night editing photos, woke up for an hour at 4am after a weird dream, and my alarm went off at 7. Miserable. The last thing I wanted to do was my hair, so I put it in an enormous sock bun and pulled this headband, turban thingy out of my drawer and went on my merry way. My friend Nay-Nay at work said that she has seen a lot of these turban thingys lately and that I must blog about it, so... here is it. Blog post. Turban thingy. It looks better with hair messily pulled up (or all the way down), but I was too lazy to put the effort into making my hair look "undone" this morning. Does that make sense?

2. I noticed yesterday that my face did not match my neck. AGHHHHHHHH. My worst fear (next to all of my teeth falling out). I had too much bronzer on, the color of my powder was off, and then there was my neck...it was ready for fall (actually, it was ready for winter). It was white. Dead...middle of winter, white. Something needed to be done, and soon. So, I picked up my sister-in-law (or at least she will be in 5 days!!!!) and we went to the Bare Essentials store in the mall. Bare Essentials makes a Bare Minerals powder foundation COMPACT now. What??????????? If you are a lover of Bare Minerals, but annoyed by all of the loose powder (like me) then this is the product for you. It's pretty friggin amazeballs. Knowing that I got to use it made me kind of excited to get ready for work. Well...that is a stretch, but I was pumped to try it out; oh, and we found the perfect lip gloss for my SIL to wear at her wedding. It's called, Dare Devil. It's perfecto!

3. Today is national "Punctuation Day". Who the %*&$ thinks of these things, and how does a ridiculous idea like that become a "National" day? I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment