9.19.2012

Zits and Friendship Bracelets









Blazer: Forever 21, Pantsuit: Ivy & Leo (2 years ago), Shoes: Shoe Dazzle, Watch: MK, Ring: Target
Couple of things...

1. My face looks like a 13 year old's right now. It's hormonal. I knew it was coming, but it's annoying nonetheless. Lucky for me though, I had a monthly appointment that I actually look forward to today (as opposed to the other "monthly gift" I just alluded to)...my appointment with Alyson Lowe at Calabretta Cosmetic Surgery. Alyson gave me the micro-peel I so look forward to, complimented me on my shrinking pore size and ever-fading "sun spots", and she also WENT TO TOWN on my zits. She zapped those suckers with salicylic acid, and sent me on my way. My mug will be back to normal in no time (fingers crossed). *Remember, if you make an appointment with Alyson (704-444-5800) and mention that you were referred by me (or the ModaFresca blog) you'll get $25 off of your first visit. That means a $75 micro-peel will only run you about $50. BOO-YAHHH!!

2. As I was leaving Calabretta's office, I looked out the hallway window and noticed that the top level of their parking garage was empty and thought to myself..."Hey, Lazy...you haven't done an outfit post in a while. Do it, ...no one is looking". No one except all of the other people looking out the hallway windows on the 8th floor, I suppose. 

3. I am wearing a pants suit. Yup, this sucker is all one piece. A good idea. It's simple, easy, and ri-donk-ulously comfortable. It was a good idea that is until I had to go to the bathroom. It's unreal how big of a moron I can be. I had to take off the blazer, untie the back of it,  and disrobe...and I pee...a lot. Awesome...just awesome.

4. See these gunmetal and crystal braided bracelets in the arm party picture above? I got them at LOTUS (wwww.lotuslook.com) and gifted them to my two friends (and mentors) last night at dinner. We meet up every so often to drink wine, talk life, love, loss, food, men, bad decisions, good decisions, politics, hopes, fears, what we hope the future holds for ourselves, and most importantly....how to create it. Does that sound cheesy, yet too awesome for words? Well, it is. There is NO way I should be friends with these 2 women. They are business owners, activists, authors, entrepreneurs, coaches, and friggin AH-MAZING. I am in awe of both of them. I have enormous girl-crushes. They LIVE their LIVES OUTLOUD and inspire everyone they come in contact with; and for some reason, they have taken a liking to me. Not in a..."oh, isn't it cute that this young girl is in love with us" kind of way. In an unexplainable, real-deal-Holyfield, sisterly kind of way. I am blessed beyond measure to have them in my life, so to show my appreciation, I decided to bring back...wait for it...FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS! Yeah, Buddy.

5. These shoes and this ring = Bad @$$. I love them. The End.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, this post had me laughing out loud!!! First the zits, then the peeing story!! I am in the same boat - I pee practically on the hour, so wearing rompers, pantsuits, leotards, etc, ends up with me annoyed and half-naked in the restroom half of the evening. Almost not worth wearing those pieces.... ALMOST.

    Love your style and your blog!!! Happy to have found you via the lovely Whitley of Queen City Style!!

    xxx,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I love the whole look! Stripes are perfect and I totally love those green shoes! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your jacket. I really like stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra- Peeing in a one piece is NO JOKE! Hahahaha..... Your comments made ME, laugh out loud!

    "Outside Looking In"- I'll definitely follow you!

    Gray Cat-Thank you, the jacket was a steal for $24.00 at Forever 21 in Charleston, SC.

    Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete