12.28.2012

Totally Tubular






Cape and Skull Bracelet: LOTUS, Dress: Target, Snood: Aldo Accessories, Shoes: Off Broadway
1. Peep my neck scarf. It is called a snood. Yes, a snood. Wikipedia tells me that the word "snood" was historically used to describe a type of European headgear. In modern times however, it is used to describe  a tubular scarf. Not as in "totally tubular" but as in, tube-like... like this. A faux-fur snood is perfect for spicing up an outfit, specifically a jacket. Have you ever wanted a fur-trimmed jacket but really like your current coat, or you're just broke and can't afford a new one? Yes? Then may I suggest entering a snood to your current wardrobe? It kind of makes everything look fancier, don't ya think? Look at me, I'm so faaaancy with my fur scarf. BOOM.
2. I just got this bracelet for Christmas (another gift from my Dad and Stepmom). I love it. I want it to last forever so I can wear it every day between now and the time I am 95 years old. The little button/clasp has a mermaid on it. I mean, really? What's not to love?
3. Today is the first day that I have worn heels in over a week and my ankle still hates me for it. Stupid.fat.swollen.sprained.ankle. I hatechoo.
4. I got dressed up today to see my friend promoted from a Captain in the US Army to a Major. It was emotional and awesome and I'm so proud to know him. You're the man, Jeff. Congratulations!
The End.

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, how fun is that patterned dress. In combo with the beige cape it looks so sophisticatd.

    Have yourself a wonderful happy new Year and I cant wait to see more of your inspirational posts next year.
    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous. Awesome photos as ever!
    Whitley
    www.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fleurani - I'm totally inspired by your new hair color. I need a change too... in the worst way.

    Whitley! Did your friend tell you I met her at LOTUS on Saturday while she was looking for a NYE dress? I forget her name, but she had a cute hubby and 2 adorable girls. So sweet!

    XOXOXOX, Ladies!!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete