5.28.2013

GRATITUDE








Shirt, Skirt, Purse, and Shoes: All from either Marshalls or T.J. Maxx in the last 1-2 years.

1. BEST.WEEKEND.EVER. That is what my Memorial Day weekend was. My life long friend flew down to Charlotte from NYC to visit. We went to grade school, high school, and college together. Another one of our BFF's (and college roommates) lives in Charlotte too, so the 3 of us spent the entire weekend together. We laughed, ate, drank, exercised, reminisced, laid around, went out, and laughed some more. It was really wonderful. I cried (just a little... I'm no punk) as I dropped her off at the airport yesterday. It just kind of hit me that she has been my friend for a REAL long time, through lots of ups and downs, hundreds of miles, life experiences, misunderstandings, hurt feelings, celebrations, and life defining moments. (Luvoo, Keem.) I'm so fortunate to have friends like the ones I have and lately I am overcome with gratitude. Which leads me to my next tidbit of information... 

2. I got a new tattoo this weekend. Don't judge it by the picture. It is only 4 days old so it's peeling, settling, and looking all around kind of nasty at this moment. I'm assuming you are literate, but on the off chance that you didn't catch it in the picture above, it says "gratitude".  It's a poignant, obvious reminder to be thankful... to be calm. A reminder that I have enough, am enough, and am blessed beyond all comprehension and measure. Sometimes I need a swift kick in the ass. I need to focus more on what I have instead of what it is I think I need, or am lacking. I love my new tattoo. This is number 6... pretty sure that makes me 1 or 2 away from being recruited by the circus. 

3. I look like a walking flower bed in this outfit and I am A-okay with that. Spring has sprung, bitches.

Weekend Recap - Left to Right: Vegan Food at Luna's, Our Last Night Together, Rooftop Bar, Our First Night Out Together, Walking the Greenway, A Competative Game of Life-Size JENGA

No comments:

Post a Comment