6.03.2013

... but the years are short






Shirt and Skirt: Marshalls or TJ Maxx, Shoes: Guess, Necklace: Coral one, Target; Blue one, Vestique, Purse: TJ Maxx, Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings: Macy's

Well, Hello... and Happy June! Can you BELIEVE that we are already in the 6th month of 2013? I cannot. This year is flying by. When I was younger, older people would always tell me that time goes by faster and faster the older you get. I never really believed them, but man, is it true!?! I feel like it was JUST Christmas. I read a quote not too long ago that really resonated with me (after I finally "got it"... a.k.a read it three times)... it said "The days are long, but the years are short". RIGHT????????? The days are long. They are consumed with work, bills, stress about money, relationships, health, body-image, the future, the past, nagging regret... just a shit-storm of preoccupations. The days are long. But.. the years... the years are short. I graduated from college 11 years ago. Are you effiing kidding me?????? I have lived in Charlotte for 10 years! How is that even possible? The years go faster and faster and I think that part of it is that we are less and less conscious of our individual days. I don't know about you, but I wish away 5 out of 7 days of every single one of my weeks; and during Winter, I "can't wait" for Summer. When it is hot as hell in August..."Oh, I cannot WAIT for Fall." On every single Sunday afternoon, I'm like, "Man... I can't WAIT for next weekend!" Wishing away Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (until 5pm). What a shitty thing to do. Doing that, I am really wishing away days, weeks, month, and ultimately... years of my life. What an asshole I am. So... since I can't quit my job, move to the Caribbean, swim in the ocean, update this  blog, experiment with vegan food, volunteer, do yoga/Pilates, and take photographs all day long (which is what I would do in a perfect world); I was trying to think of a way to be more present in my life as it is.... "imperfect" or at least not a personal utopia. I mean... this is my life, and it's great (no really, I thank God every.single.day for it), but January, February, March, April, and May of this year were all a blur and that is just not okay with me.

So... I thought that I could try giving myself a little "June Challenge"; just something I am going to do the month of June to help me be more present in my life. Something to focus on, strive for, do almost daily to help make me more aware of the days. I decided to make it something pleasurable, yet challenging. So... for June, I am going to do a 30 in 30 yoga/Pilates challenge. I want to try to do 30 classes (yoga or Pilates) in 30 days. That may not sound like a lot, but when you factor in all of the other things that take up your time (on top of the fact that yoga studios have rigid class schedules... you can't just "pop" in for a class anytime you want... you have to go to them when they are being held), it's not that easy. My 30 in 30 experiment is healthy, and enjoyable. It will also push me, and if I can do it... I will be quite proud of myself. SO... who is with me? Anyone else want to start their own 30 in 30? We are only 3-4 days into the month... it's not too late. What do you want to do this month that will make you slow down and smell the proverbial roses?

*Totally unrelated to my previous ramblings.* It did not go unnoticed by me that in the third photo... I am all cockeyed. I look like I am going to fall over, and the worst part... I think I really do walk like that. When I walk next to people, I run into them. I can't help it. I wonder if I am perpetually off balance? That would explain a lot... (oh, and since yoga helps balance, maybe my challenge will bring me one step closer to walking like a completely evolved human, as opposed to a blundering neanderthal... probably not though).

1 comment:

  1. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted at this web page is really nice.


    My weblog: ヴィトン 長財布

    ReplyDelete