9.17.2013

Glamazon, an $8.00 tank, and Spray Whipped Cream












1. Yesterday I washed, dried, and put my hair up... then I actually did my make-up. All of it. Eyes, lips, the whole 9 (for no reason other than I wanted to). By the time I got done with all of that I didn't have the energy to put any thought into what I was wearing. My "GiveADamn-O-Meter" had plummeted at that point. So... I put on jeans and an $8 tank from F21 (from 5+ years ago). Glamazon from the neck up, jeans and a T from the neck down. I like the juxtaposition. It screams... " I tried... but not TOO hard". Which of course is a lie because it took an hour to shower, dry my hair, pin it up, get my eyeliner straight and wipe the red off of my teeth. Exhausting (but fun once in a while).

2. I really love my "gratitude" tattoo. Every time I look at it I think of all of the things I am thankful for (which is precisely the reason I got it). Well... I don't get all zen EVERY single time I look at it, I am not Gandhi-perfect. But... it does make me stop and think about how fortunate I am. Helps me to not "sweat the small stuff" if you will. You know what also helps me do that? This ring. It is a simple silver band with Jeremiah 29:11 etched into it. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I like it. Found it at the bookstore, $10 bucks. ZINGER!

3. How do you feel about these gold hoop earrings? Love them? Hate them?  I love them. I have always loved big hoops with an up-do. Makes me feel all Sophia Loren, or J-Lo. Of course, I could be lying to myself. Maybe I really look like a Fly Girl reject from In Living Color. Not a child of the 90's? Thiiiiiiis is what I mean. Not awesome.

4. You'd think the fact that I felt RIDICULOUSLY self conscious in the dress from Saturday night (last post) would make me more aware of what I was putting in my body, but no. I have successfully finished a can of spray whipped cream in 4 days (not even my personal best timing). True story. Me... just standing in front of the fridge taking it to the head every few hours. Keeping it classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment