|Sweater: F21, Boots and Purse: Aldo, Watch: Michael Kors|
The only reason I did a blog post was because of this wall.
I went up to my Manfriend's dental office to get my teeth cleaned the other day. We went to lunch while I was there, and I saw this Coca- Cola advertisement painted on the side of an old building.
This wall = adorable. Coca-Cola itself. The devil's brew.
It's full of sugar, chemicals, preservatives, artificial colors, and I would not be surprised if it's fed to the masses to keep us fat, addicted, diabetic, sick, exhausted, and broke from medical bills. Sound crazy?
Think about it...
- The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail (yes... the kind you hammer into a wall) in about four days.
- Phosphoric acid is used to clean the rust off cars before they are primed and painted. Use Coke instead!
- Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
- You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and the steak will be gone in two days.
- To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must display a Hazardous Materials Alert Card reserved for highly corrosive materials. (WHAT THE FUUUUK?)
- There is enough citric acid in Coke to remove stains from vitreous china... A.K.A... toilet bowls!!
- The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
- To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes. (Who needs WD40?)
- To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into washing machine of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen and get rid of all the grease stains.
- To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains.
- In many American states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke to remove blood from the road after a car accident.
A recent study from Purdue University found that diet soda drinkers who maintained a healthy weight range still had a significantly increased risk of the top three killers in the United States: diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
"We've gotten to a place where it is normal to drink diet soda because people have the false impression that it is healthier than indulging in a regular soda," says Swithers. "But research is now very clear that we need to also be mindful of how much fake sugar they are consuming."
There are five FDA-approved artificial sweeteners: acesulfame potassium (Sunett, Sweet One), aspartame (Equal, NutraSweet), neotame, saccharin (SugarTwin, Sweet'N Low), and sucralose (Splenda).
“Saccharin was one of the first commercially-available artificially sweeteners, and it’s actually a derivative of tar,” says Swithers. (Yup... TAR... awesome, right?)
AnyWHO... sorry for the rant about soda, but it's all I could think about as I stood in front of this fun little wall.
This message has been brought to you by a recovering addict. I used to be a straight-up fiend.
I had a STRONG (5-7 cans a day) Diet Coke habit that I kicked a few years ago. It was NOT pretty, but it was worth it.