1.16.2014

Muzak and a New Year's Toast








Dress: LOTUS (I think), Jacket: F21, Booties: ShoeDazzle, Purse: Aldo, Watch: Michael Kors

1. I heard a comment on the radio this AM that made me laugh and that I totally related to.  This woman called in and said... "Am I getting old, or does the supermarket play REALLY good music lately????" It's a weird moment in your life when the music you love suddenly becomes Muzak. I was at the periodontist's office a few weeks ago and they were playing some of my favorite jams from the 80's. I was getting hyped... Madonna, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Paula Abdul. It was a random mix of 80's deliciousness. BUT, after a few songs, I kind of stopped dead in my tracks (mentally). I was like "Shit... this music is SO FAR from being hip that it is being played in the waiting room of a DOCTOR'S OFFICE. What the hell???????? There is no denying it though. I mean, shit... I am WAY closer to 40 than I am 20. True Story.

2. I feel like 2014 is the year of THE RESOLUTION. The ones that stick and end up changing your whole life! Do any of you feel like that? Everywhere I turn I am being inspired by people around me. Like, really effin' inspired!

I see people: 
  • committing to healthier eating habits
  • quitting smoking,
  • leaving shitty jobs and getting new ones
  • people daring to do something that scares them
  • leaving crappy, toxic relationships
  • going back to school
  • volunteering their time and money to help other people

 I get that we are only 16 days into the new year, but I have a good feeling about 2014. I think it's going to be a banner year for a lot of folks. So here's to LOVE, COURAGE, ADVENTURE, and NEW BEGINNINGS!!!!! Cheers, Bitches!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment