|Dress: LOTUS (I think), Jacket: F21, Booties: ShoeDazzle, Purse: Aldo, Watch: Michael Kors|
1. I heard a comment on the radio this AM that made me laugh and that I totally related to. This woman called in and said... "Am I getting old, or does the supermarket play REALLY good music lately????" It's a weird moment in your life when the music you love suddenly becomes Muzak. I was at the periodontist's office a few weeks ago and they were playing some of my favorite jams from the 80's. I was getting hyped... Madonna, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Paula Abdul. It was a random mix of 80's deliciousness. BUT, after a few songs, I kind of stopped dead in my tracks (mentally). I was like "Shit... this music is SO FAR from being hip that it is being played in the waiting room of a DOCTOR'S OFFICE. What the hell???????? There is no denying it though. I mean, shit... I am WAY closer to 40 than I am 20. True Story.
2. I feel like 2014 is the year of THE RESOLUTION. The ones that stick and end up changing your whole life! Do any of you feel like that? Everywhere I turn I am being inspired by people around me. Like, really effin' inspired!
- committing to healthier eating habits
- quitting smoking,
- leaving shitty jobs and getting new ones
- people daring to do something that scares them
- leaving crappy, toxic relationships
- going back to school
- volunteering their time and money to help other people
I get that we are only 16 days into the new year, but I have a good feeling about 2014. I think it's going to be a banner year for a lot of folks. So here's to LOVE, COURAGE, ADVENTURE, and NEW BEGINNINGS!!!!! Cheers, Bitches!