3.24.2014

Vegans and Tropical Storms








Vest: Calvin Klein, Skirt: F21, Shirt: Macy's, Shoes: ShoeDazzle, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Alex and Ani, "Love" Necklace: Lotus
1. The day I wore this (to work) was weird. It was sunny, but cold, insaaaanely windy (like crazy tropical storm wind - hence the pics in my living room) and there was a chance of rain all day, so... I dressed for it. All black (because I didn't want to think about clothes)... a vest (because it was cold, but not quite cold enough for a coat), and a hood (because you are OUT of your DAMN MIND if you think I'm walking around withOUT a built-in insurance policy for my head). As I have mentioned 100 times before... I raaaaarely wash my hair. So, when I do, I must proceed with caution in order to protect the time I invested. Even if it is only a whopping 30 minutes.

2. Do you ever have those weekends where you feel like you got a shit ton of stuff done? Even if it's just little stuff around the house, but when it's done you feel uber-accomplished? I had one of those weekends.  I got a lot of stuff done around my house this weekend that I had been meaning to do. I finally, after almost a year and a half, did something with my front/side porch. I also spruced up my entryway with some ferns (that I potted!!), a "Springy" wreath, and a new welcome mat. Not much, but it did make a difference.

Everything is from Target.




3. I also ate my fool face off this weekend. Trying to get all of my "cravings" out of my system, I suppose. Because... today I started another vegan challenge (you may remember that a 30 day challenge turned into over 5 months last year). This time I am partnering with a friend. She has some very serious medical problems, and when I suggested she try a vegan diet to see if it would help alleviate some of her auto-immune issues, she (much to my surprise) was totally game. So... I offered to lock arms with her, assist/coach her through it, and be her moral support. Not only am getting rid of any and all animal products, I'm also... wait for it... not going to drink any alcohol. If you're going to detox... really detox, right? Unfortunaltely for me, wine is pretty much my most favorite thing. Eff. Wish me luck.

I'm going to document some of our vegan challenge journey together in a tab at the top of the blog. I'll let you know when it's up in case you're interested in checking it out. In the meantime, this is my little "eat simply" vegan inspiration board. It doesn't make me want wine and mozzarella any less, but it is pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment