|Pants: Express, Tank: H&M, Blazer: F21, Shoes: Marshalls, Purse: Target, Watch: Michael Kors (rosegold), Ring: Charming Charlie's|
What's Up, What's Up!?!??!!?
I've been MIA on the ol' blog lately. The manfriend and I went to Florida for a few days to visit my dad and stepmom. We had an absolute blast.
Couple of things I learned on our trip:
1. If your bathing suit bottoms are not two sizes too small (a.k.a- give you major love handles), the ocean current WILL take them right off of your body. Your only hope is that you have big feet, your bottoms get stuck on said feet and you are able to pull them back up (under the water) before anyone is the wiser. Also... strapless tops. Great for avoiding tan lines. Otherwise, completely friggin' useless.
2. The only thing better than late night nachos after a long day of drinking... are late night nachos with crab meat on them. Sweet and gentle geezus. My Dad and I ate an entire plate (even thought there were 4 of us at the table) and ohhhhed and ahhhhed with every bite. I passed out w/o brushing my teeth that night and woke up the next morning tasting them. Usually... disgusting. This time... not so much. Don't judge me.
3. People who live near the water are happier. Period. At some point in my life, I WILL live at the ocean. This landlocked shit is for the birds. If you're a miserable bitch... go to the ocean. You will be more pleasant w/in 5 minutes. Perhaps the beach is the answer to foreign policy? I propose that every time world leaders meet they do it in the sand, by the water, with a Corona in hand. BOOM. World peace.
4. I am now obssessed with Cher and Cyndi Lauper. We saw them in concert while we were there and MY GAAAAAAWD were they amazing??? Even my manfriend (who I'm sure was thinking he was taking one for the team by going) was blown away. Cher is 68 and Cyndi Lauper is 60. They were KILLIN' IT!! It was one of the best shows I had ever seen. Cyndi Lauper closed with "At Last" by Etta James and I promise you it brought tears to my eyes. Cyndi Lauper.... WHO KNEW?????
5. It can cost over $100,000 dollars to gas up a yacht. One hundred thousand dollars. For gas. Yachts = BOSS BITCH status.
6. My dad and stepmom are 1,000 times more fun than most 25 year olds I know.
AnyWHO... this is what I wore to work when I was forced back to reality. (Cue solitary tear streaming, slowly down cheek.)
1. My shoes and my nailpolish match exactly. It's weird how happy that makes me.
2. I didn't realize how low this top was until I looked at these picture. Hellooooo.... Inappropriate. Coming back to work looking like a straight up slut.
3. My product of choice to keep my hair slicked back like this.... conditioner. I slept in it the night before and just rocked it to work the next day. I didn't want to be bothered. Plus... I washed my hair two days IN.A.ROW in Florida. I'm amazed it didn't all fall out from the shock of back to back washes.
4. These pants have not fit this comfortably ever. Even when I bought them 3 years ago. Thank you, Pilates. <insert happy dance>
This is what I wore in Florida the night of the Cher show.
Not a full blog post... mainly just awkward selfies in my dad's living room, but you get the gist.