|Skirt is from Lotus . If you want it, go ahead and snag it by calling the store (704-335-8884). There is only one left, a large. That is the size I am wearing. If you're out of town they can ship it to you. It's $56.00, Blazer: F21, Shirt: Vestique, Big Necklace: Bebe, Small Necklace: Dog Earred, Shoes: Off Broadway, Bracelets: Gifts|
Fact: I wore this outfit last week when I had a big meeting to attend with a Style Night Out sponsor.
Fact: When we arrived at the sponsor's corporate office, the woman we were meeting with was also wearing this skirt... with a black shirt and black shoes.
Fact: A ridiculous, blotchy, beet red color started on my chest and moved up to encompass my entire face in less than 3 seconds.
I mean... come on!?!?!? What are the chances? We looked at each other like "Are you effing kidding me????? Go home and change right NOW! No... YOU go home and change right.the.hell.now!???" We both turned red, laughed uncomfortably, and then proceeded to walk next to each other down a long (heavily populated) hallway to our meeting place. We got lots of looks of confusion, giggles, and stares.
It was uncomfortable at first... then kind of hilarious.
So.... I mentioned Style Night Out earlier. It is about that time, Mamacitas... for the biggest, baddest, most AHMAZEBALLS event of the year in Charlotte. Ohhh yeah boiiieee... OHHHH it's party tiiiiiiiiime!
Style Night Out (SNO) is a fashion show... fundraiser... and one of the BEST nights of the year in the city of Charlotte!
SNO is a fashion show that showcases the fall lines of over 20 local boutiques (no corporate department stores). All of the hair and makeup is done by local stylists and artists. The models are local, the sponsors are local, the charity < Carolina Breast Friends > is local. You get the gist, right. It's a night for Charlotte, by Charlotte, showcasing all that this city has to offer, and IT IS AWESOME.
Here's what to expect... you arrive, you browse and shop at little pop up shops, mingle with your friends, get a few drinks (or more), and have your picture taken on the red carpet. Daylight vanishes, you take your seats... all the lights dim except those on the runway. The music starts and BOOM... you are transported to another world.
That may sound dramatic, but I am telling you... there is such a buzz in the air, it is like being in New York City for Fashion Week. Truly. And... on top of the fashion, music, lights, hair, make-up, fun, draaaanks, countless selfies and hashtags... you can feel good knowing that at the end of the night a big ass check is going to go directly into the hands of a local organization that provides hope, support, education, resources, and a sisterhood for breast cancer patients and survivors in Charlotte.
So... you know that dress in the back of your closet that you bought because "someday" you'd have a chance to wear it... get it out. This is the day.
Here are the details... and I am not blowing smoke up your behind when I say that these tickets WILL sell out... so get them soon.
- What: Style Night Out
- Where: Morrison Shopping Center in South Park (where Earth Fare and Barnes & Noble are located)
- When: THURSDAY, September 4th / Doors open at 5:30, show starts at 7:30pm
- Benefiting: Carolina Breast Friends <a non-profit 501(c) (3) >
- Tickets: Tickets So Easy *** Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to purchase**
- Cost: General Admin/Standing: $25 Runway Seating: $50 VIP Tables: $400 (seats 4, and includes champagne, extra goodies, and a private table for you and 3 of your nearest and dearest)
PARKING: Parking is available in Morrison Parking Garages, however, when they are full, please park your vehicle at City Tavern South Park at the Mall. Shuttles will be provided from City Tavern-SouthPark from 5:00pm till 11pm. Pick up will be every 10 minutes from City Tavern to Morrison. Pick up will occur at the entrance of City Tavern. Park your car at SouthPark Mall.
Alright... other than that, my only tips and tricks for surviving the night are to:
1. Bring cash for the bars.
2. Throw a pair of flats in your purse for later.
3. Make sure your phone is charged up.
4. Hashtag all your social media pics between now and then, and ESPECIALLY the night of for a chance to win amazing prizes from our sponsors. Here are some of the official tags: #SNOCLT #stylenightout #stylenightoutclt #electroluxclt (Electrolux is our presenting sponsor and they are going to be giving away AHMAZING prizes)
5. Take a "sick" day on Friday. <cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle>
5. Have a GREAT time!