10.08.2014

Humping











Tank: H&M, Cardigan and Jeans: Old Navy, Vest: Target, Booties: Dolce Vita, Rings: LeVian from Jared the Jewelers, "love" necklace: Lotus

Well hello there, and Happy Hump Day, Mamacitas! 

I am similar to a 6th grader that I giggle every time someone says the word "hump". It's just funny to me. I find myself saying it a lot when I'm teaching Pilates. There is no better way to describe the motion I need from your pelvis in bridge than "hump". I teach the way I speak, and ya know what? "Hump" works. Every. Damn. Time.

Hump. Hump. Hump. I am actually laughing as I write this. (I am the only one over the age of 11 laughing. I know.)

I  guess this would be my first "fall" outfit of the year. I wore it last weekend. On both Saturday and Sunday in fact. Outfits are like trees falling in the woods. If no one really saw it (or no pictures were taken) when you wore it the first time, did it ever really happen??? No, no it didn't. Total fair game to wear as many times as you'd like.

For this... my first cool weather ensemble <barf>... I layered a summer lace tank top, put a boyfriend cardigan (extra long and baggy) over it and layered a vest on top. I wore it ALL weekend. AND I probably could have gotten away with wearing it a few more times, but then I fuked it all up by taking photos for the blog. Fail.

This is random, but I have seen two REALLY good movies in the last few weeks and I feel the need to share. One was at the theater. It's called, The Hundred Foot Journey. It's about food... culture... love... fear... and dreams coming true. It's about an Indian family who opens up a restaurant in France. I laughed and cried. It's a beautiful film. Then, last night, the Manfriend and I rented (via either iTunes or Netflix) The Million Dollar Arm. It's actually a Disney movie. It is not animated though. It's based on a true story about a man who almost loses everything and finds his joy and purpose in an unlikely place. It's about baseball... and taking chances... about hope... humility... and love.  It was awesome. Great for kids. Man, there are so few things that are appropriate for kids these days. I don't care if I sounded "old" by saying that. It's true. (Note to my sister-in-laws: Brandy/Jess - if you are reading this, all of the kids will LOVE The Million Dollar Arm and so will you guys.)

A movie critic I am not, but I really liked both of these. We (the Manfriend really liked them too) just felt good after watching them. Ya know? There are so few things that aren't depressing, insanely over sexualized, or extremely violent ya know? I rarely watch television for that reason. Except for Modern Family, New Girl and The Mindy Project. Those shows make me insanely, ridiculously happy.

That is all. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment